The Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) published its report ‘Feeding young children aged 1 to 5 years’ in July 2023. This report accompanies SACN’s ‘Feeding in the first year of life’ report, which was published in 2018. Together, these reports provide a comprehensive review of the scientific evidence underpinning infant and young child feeding recommendations in the UK.
The report considers:
- national survey data on food and nutrient intakes and status, the prevalence of overweight and obesity, and dental caries
- evidence from systematic reviews examining a number of dietary factors and child, adolescent and adult health outcomes, as well as evidence on factors that influence eating and feeding behaviour, and diversification of the diet in the early years
The report includes SACN’s recommendations to government and recommendations for future research. The webinar will cover SACN’s methodology for conducting risk assessments, as well as the report’s key findings, recommendations and research recommendations.
What will I gain from this webinar?
- You will be acquainted with SACN and what SACN does
- You will be acquainted with how SACN conducts risk assessments using the example of its report on feeding young children aged 1 to 5 years
- You will be familiar with the report’s key findings, recommendations and research recommendations
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 193
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes